The village of San Vero Milis is an impotant agricultural center with distinctive low houses built of traditional bricks made of mud and straw.
Of special note in the old-town center are the Santa Sofia church (1604-1628) and the San Michele Arcangelo church, dating from 1500. Just outside the village is the "Nuraghe S'Uraki", a prehistoric castle, one of the largest such structures in Sardinia, still half-buried. It comprises an impressive central fortress consisting of ten towers. On the same territory is also found a necropolis called "Domus de Jànas", divided into "Serra is Araus", "Putzu Idu" and "Sa Rocca Tunda", with prehistoric tombs excavated into the rocks, each comprising two or more rooms. Many of these tombs were ransacked in ancient times, so that today it is difficult to fully understand the customs and culture of the ancient people who constructed them.
The countryside around Mulinu Metzu is full of picturesque vineyards and perfumed olive groves, giving way toward the coast to sandy hills and tidal basins. The San Vero Milis coast is located within the Sinis Peninsula, a vast humid subclimate containing the Sale Porcus tidal basin, with one of the largest populations of pink flamingos in Italy and the Mediterranean.
The Sinis territory is enhanced by the presence of "Area marina protetta Penisola del Sinis, Isola di Mal di Ventre" (30.357 ha), which was declared a natural park in 1997. The park is managed by the Cabras town council, which has undertaken numerous touristic, scientific, educational, and conservationist initiatives in its connection.
Many noteworthy sites may be found within this area, such as the island of "Mal di Ventre", "San Giovanni del Sinis", "Capo San Marco" and the Natural Park "Turr'e Seu".
The area around the volcanic massif of Montiferru, with its forested moutains and hills, is also very interesting. Of special note is Urtigu Mountain (one of the highest in Sardinia), and the coastal strip next to Montiferru with its amazing striking monuments, such as "Capo Nieddu" (near Cuglieri), "Sa Corona Niedda" (near Tresnuraghes) and the natural bridge "S'Archittu" (near Cuglieri).
A short drive to the south along the coast brngs one to the dramatic archeological remains of the Phoenician seaport of Tharros, some of whose columns are still standing.